The Ad Project
Gain insights that will help you maximize profits
and scale your Amazon business.
In this episode, Joe Shelerud and Melissa Barnstorf discuss Walmart advertising and the differences between Walmart and Amazon ads. They provide tips for getting started with Walmart advertising, including leveraging top-performing keywords from Amazon. They also share a case study of a brand successfully launching on Walmart. The episode concludes with an update on brand term targeting on Walmart and the early days of Walmart advertising.
- Walmart advertising has similarities to Amazon advertising, but there are also key differences in terminology and platform structure.
- When getting started with Walmart advertising, it can be helpful to leverage top-performing keywords from Amazon and set up manual campaigns.
- Bids on Walmart are generally lower than on Amazon, but it’s important to monitor performance and adjust bids accordingly.
- Brand term targeting is now available on Walmart, allowing advertisers to target competitor keywords.
- The early days of Walmart advertising present an opportunity for brands to establish themselves on the platform.