Choosing the Right Amazon Advertising Manager
Pros and Cons to consider when choosing and entrusting an Amazon advertising manager
An advertising manager is responsible for managing your advertising campaigns and maximizing your campaign performance to achieve your business objectives.
UPDATED jUNE 2022
With the ever-increasing complexity and competition on the Amazon Advertising Platform, it is tough to keep up with the DIY campaigns as a seller. By outsourcing advertising management to an expert on the latest features and best practices, you gain an advantage over your competition.
It can be challenging to identify the right Amazon ad manager. Let’s explore the various types of ad managers and weigh their advantages and disadvantages.
OPTION 1: THE INDEPENDENT FREELANCER
The independent freelance advertising manager typically consists of one or a couple of people who freelance independently of a larger advertising agency.
- Can provide a more personalized approach since your business can be a larger portion of their revenue.
- Are not set to rigid campaign structures and could offer higher levels of experimentation.
- Investment-wise, usually more reasonable than other options.
- Typically, this type of support has limited tools and can miss out on the opportunities that more sophisticated systems and software can utilize.
- Can be difficult to find experienced support and may not achieve optimal end results.
- Will likely not have access to new Amazon Beta programs or systems.
WHO FITS WITH AN INDEPENDENT FREELANCER
For those just starting out or only selling a couple of products, finding a lower-cost independent freelancer can be a great option to help manage your accounts. In these cases, the benefits of using a more experienced agency may not outweigh the extra costs of using these services. An independent freelancer is a great approach to build up your advertising data. Once you’ve grown your ad sales to about $5k-$10k per month, you can invest in one of the other options below.
To find an independent freelancer, the best option we see is to use the freelancer sites like Upwork, FreeeUp, and Freelancer. Other sources such as LinkedIn or Indeed can provide good applicants, as well, but may take more time to sift through.
OPTION 2: Amazon PPC Software Company Offering Full Management
From a single person managing your account – to the other end of the spectrum. Amazon PPC Software Companies offer full management with sophisticated, proprietary software that oversees all campaign optimization.
- They typically have well-developed dashboards that you can use to monitor your performance outside of Seller Central.
- Their tools can allow you to take advantage of some of the more complex aspects of Amazon Advertising and automate different parts of your ad campaigns.
- The advertising manager should already be vetted by these established companies.
- Often much more expensive as you’re paying for the platform and the advertising manager in order to get full campaign management.
- Can have a more rigid campaign structure since all capabilities need to fit within the existing platform’s software.
- As you grow your business, you end up paying more for the same support over time because fees are generally variable (based on spend or sales).
WHO FITS WITH A PPC SOFTWARE COMPANY
Those that want a very refined dashboard to make Those that want a very refined dashboard to make changes personally to their campaigns with or without the support of a dedicated account manager will enjoy this option. If you want full management, you will eventually have to sign up for their management service at an additional cost.
Established options for PPC Software Companies include Teikametrics, Seller Labs, and Quartile for full management of your campaigns. Their main offerings include their self-service dashboards, but they offer managed services for those seeking full campaign management.
OPTION 3: Full-Service Amazon Advertising Management Agency
Full-service agencies that offer a suite of services along with Amazon Advertising management tend to be much less focused on software development and more focused on personal management.
- Can utilize full account strategies which include your listings, product launches, SEO and advertising as a whole.
- Are not set to rigid campaigns structures and could offer higher levels of experimentation.
- The advertising manager should already be vetted by these established agencies.
- Potential you will have to share your advertising manager’s time if they have other large accounts to manage.
- May miss benefits created by those with sophisticated software.
- Since their efforts are spread throughout the platform, full-service agencies may lack detailed expertise in any one area – such as advertising.
WHO FITS WITH A FULL–SERVICE AGENCY
Those that want a single agency to manage all aspects within their Amazon account should consider this option. It is recommended for larger sellers due to higher fees and ensuring you can attract adequate attention from the account manager.
Full-service Amazon agencies include options like Channel Bakers, Buy Box Experts, and Amazing Agency. Google searches can also find local agencies to help you with your full-service account management.
where does ad advance belong?
At Ad Advance, we bridge the gap between Amazon PPC software providers and the full-service agencies. We take pride in being savvy innovators, adding DSP management to our expertise with plans to add additional platforms in the future.
We’ve built our software systems from the ground up to support expert PPC/DSP management for your campaigns instead of trying to reconfigure a general dashboard after the fact.
This allows us to unlock the performance benefits of sophisticated software along with personalized and flexible account management. Since our software can handle a lot of the details, it frees up our time to work directly with you, offering personal and tailored service. Our deep understanding on the Amazon algorithm and various PPC/DSP concepts paired with our dynamic platform is the ideal recipe to outsell your competition.
We Provide End-to-end Amazon Advertising Management
- Campaign Creation
- Dedicated Management
- Bid Optimization
- Keyword Research
- Performance Dashboards
- Detailed Reporting
- Tailored Strategy
We combine advanced PPC software with well-trained Amazon Advertising Managers.